Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seeing Tanya off

Well as usual, something simple turns into a frenzy!!!

I read on Friday night that the laptop Tanya was going to take with her kicked the bucket. So I go in touch with her and told her that I had a spare that she could use if she wished. She greatly appreciated the offer and we made arrangements to meet at a plaza near the ferry terminal to give it to her and see her off.

Well Saturday came and of course I was on the run all day. I knew I had to be in Nanaimo before 430 but besides that, my major concern was trying to get Therapy in for a warranty issue. It seems that my front rotor was warped and hence my front brakes werent worth a hill of beans. I called Dranes several times over the day until they said yes bring it in and so I did. Len was with me and we decided ahead of time that if they were delayed, that he would run to Nanaimo to get the puter to Tanya if I got stuck at Dranes.

Well sure enough as it ended up we were back at Dranes at 3 figuring we still had enough time to get to Nanaimo, but they were just taking Therapy down off the lift. So we waited impatiently and were fianlly out the door and on the highway at 345! Now I know this doesnt look good for timing but.... if you give the Dragon a mission, she is going to pull it off somehow!

Thankfully for a long weekend the traffic wasnt to heavy on a Saturday afternoon and we were able to make a run for it. As we were getting closer to Nanaimo, I was watching the clock and trying to decide if one of us should go to the mall(meeting place) and the other to the ferry, or just head straight for the ferry in hopes of catching Tanya. Well plan B was the choice, now I just had to hope that they would let me thru the toll booth if need be!

We blasted thru Nanaimo and made it to Departure Bay terminal, I pulled up at the toll booth and asked the attendant if a girl on a purple motorcycle had gone thru. She said yes, she just went in. I told her quickly and briefly that I had something she forgot and I had to get it to her, could I please go down to her. She was nice enough to wave us both thru. We went tearing down the laneway towards Tanya and I was revving the pipes (for what little noise they make being stock) and pulled up beside her.

TIME : 445!!!

The look on Tanyas face was priceless! She jumped off her bike in shock, asked if they just let me through and I said yes but dont ask when I left Victoria! She informed me she had forgotten her cell phone as well so by me showing up it definately made her feel better that she had a way of keeping in contact now. Im glad that I was able to get there when she told me that.

We had enuf time to hand the puter over, hugs all around and best wishes for her on her trip. Then they were ready to load.

What can I say, but in typical Dragon fashion, I made things just a little more memorable and interesting! Thank goodness for a new rear tire and front brakes!!!

No comments: