Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Restarting for Conga II

Well I started this to recount the journey for the Conga of 08 but never really found the time to get running with it. So instead Im going to start again for Conga II, as Im getting ready to leave again to collect my wayward friend. Here is a small bit of background while getting to this point.

Back in December before the snow flew, Flo was leaving for Mexico and then of course off to Florida again. She had done me a huge favour and I had to see her before leaving and say thanks and give her a hug to send her off. We had made arangements to meet in Nanaimo at Timmies early in the morning as Rob and Flo were planning on catching the 730 ferry. Well it was a dry morning and not all that cold so I was riding. At the last minute Len decided to ride with me, what pocessed him to leave Victoria at 530 in the morning is beyond me. It was still dark out but off we went, haulin arse up to Nanaimo in the wee hours of the morning. I know we had more then a few looks from passing cars, thinking what a couple of nuts, including another friend who passed us in Duncan and thought we were right bent!

Well the roads were a little slick, but not too bad just had to take it a little easy, so needless to say we were pushing our time. (what else is new) Meanwhile up at Timmies, Rob is starting to get impatient and askin Flo what I drive when Im not on the bike, so that they can keep watch for me. Well her only answer was "I dont know, her 80$ car" They try to call a couple times but of course no answer - Im riding!

Next thing they hear the bikes coming to the stop light and they start thinking, no friggin way, she didnt! Yep, I did. 6:45 in the morning, still dark and we come whippin into the parkin lot with big grins. They both thought we had lost our minds. But to me, what better way to start the Conga, then by seeing her off with atleast one of us on our bikes.

Hugs and laughs all around, Flo and her damn camera, a quick coffee with them and then they had to run for the ferry(which was a mission in itself) That was the last I saw Flo, believe it was December 12th, but that will change in less then a week and will meet up again on May 25th in Idaho Falls, ID.

No comments: