Monday, May 25, 2009

Iron Butt, but not.....

Well I made my goal of reaching Idaho Falls tonight to meet up wit da gals. I just didnt do it in the time limit allowed. Guess I should have gone farther last night and hoped there wasnt as much construction on the Interstates today.

In total I rode 1707kms from Vancouver to here. And yep I think my butt is made of Iron now. It wasnt so sore as were my shoulders. Had quite a bit of wind not to mention the last 4 hours from Boise to IF, I was doing 140 steady, with only one stop for gas and one to relayer as night set in.

Even thought I didnt succeed in the certification, I can say that I can pull off that kinda mileage in a day. Yep Im frackin nuts! Dont think I will push for it again anytime soon.

I went south on the 5 to Portland, then headed east on the 84, across Oregon and Idaho to get here. Took a quick detour to Walla Walla to add the extra miles that I didnt need for the Iron Butt. Some nice views but I found Idaho to be pretty boring scenery wise, just stayed on the throttle trying to make time. Hate to imagine the ride at the speed limit. Yes yet again the Dragon was flying under the radar in stealth mode and the troopers never saw me. Or maybe it was the fact they were scared to confront a crazy canuck in a pink wig, with pink pool noodles on her bike?? Who knows either way no tickets.

Personally I think mapquest is full of shyte cause their 12 hour ride I was supposed to have today turned into 15 somehow and if I had of known that I wouldnt have pushed myself so damn hard to try and pull it off.

Ah well, all is well that ends well and so it is. We all made it to the arranged meeting spot, others not so easily as I. Took the gals a bit to figure out where they were staying, but after a few phone calls they managed to find their way and were here waiting for me, with a cold one and a sandwich.

Now all I need is some shut eye and I will be ready to go again in the morning, thankfully not all the way back and just to Missoula, MT.

No comments: