Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well the week rolled by basically uneventful. Len was working and I kinda just hid at home with Kaylee. Went for a few local rides during the afternoons just to get outta the house. It definately didnt feel like the holidays nor was I really in the spirit for them. I know Len was a little upset that we werent going to have a "normal" xmas but so be it. If the money isnt there theen there is othing you can do about it. Paying the bills and keeping food in the house is more important. He kept complaining that he wanted to do something nice for me and I continued to ignore it. We said we werent going to worry about each other and that was that. I knew in the back of my head though that he prolly would stop off somewhere on the 24th and get something so needless to say I was going to get him something as well. On the 23rd, I got a message that our friend Mike (who did the winter ride for diabetes) was on his way over. It was nice that he accepted the invitation, as he really has no family o the west coast to be with and that he felt welcome enuf to be with us. So I had the approximate time that he was going to arrive and I headed off to Duncan. First stop was at Arrow for Lens gift. He has been eyeballing this watch for damn near a year and I thought I would see just how much it was going to be, Maggie always gives me a discount of some kind. Well it was still there and of course she did so, I double checked that I could return it if in fact Len didnt get me anything and that he was upset that I overspent when we have no extras so to speak. She said not a problem, but I dont think you will be bringing it back! Didnt she know it, I would have to kill him and then pry it off his dead arm to take it back once he received it. I made a quick stop at the bank and then god forbid off to Wally World to find a few things I need for my school projects that I have to do. In all of this it should time me about right to meet Mike on his way thru or damn close to the house. Well damn, am I good or what. I finnished up at Wallyworld and jumped back on the bike, as usual with Duncan the traffic was insane and I just about went around the back way then thought otherwise as I might just find Mike on the road. Well sure nuff, I hit the highway and got to the first stop light at Beverly corners(where Can Tire used to be) and there in the right hand lane 3 cars up is Mikes truck. Yep cant miss him. Big green sierra with the beacons on the top and his logo for the winter ride all over the back window. I angled the bikes headlights at his side mirrors and started flashing the high beams. Nope that didnt work, light changes and I figure that I will catch him. Well his lane is moving quicker but not him, but do ya think the idiots infront of me in the fast lane would get their asses in gear! Finally I start to gain a bit onn him and as I get closer, I figure rev the bike a bit and he would look. Nope, dumb son of a bitch. I get beside him and just hold on the horn, finally he looks over and at first has no clue until he sees me giving him the finger. Of course, Im on the bagger and bundled up for the cold so it might be a little hard to figure it out but he clued in quick enuf. I jumped infront of him and then we proceeded thru the crawl side by side in one lane, talking as we waited for lights and traffic to move. We made a quick stop for evening libations and then back to the house to wait for Len.

We sat around with drinks and catching up for the evening, a round of phone calls to others to say hi and Merry ho ho ho, dinner and then relaxing. He was a little rough from the night before so we didnt push it too much and Len had to work again in the morning. The 24th rolls around and Len headed off to work. Mike and I were thinking of going for a ride but I also was waiting for Bulls mom to come by and pick up Kaylee. The ride didnt happen, Len got home and we decided to let the girl at her few gifts before she went away for her visiting. As I decide to let her go at it, I notice that there is now a harley box under our baby tree. Yes baby tree, thats just how into this holiday I was. No decorations came out, but because I knew there were a few things from back east and also a few from us for the girl child I put up the 2 foot tree I used to use in my salon at the old folks home. Anyways, so obviously I was right he did stop somewhere on his way home. Maybe I wont have to take the watch back. So let Kaylee go nuts and open up the stuff that is there for her and then she hands the couple things to Len from My mom and of course the watch. I says to him, now if ya want me to take it back, I can, if I shouldnt have spent the money. Now I think he is a little worried. He opens it up and well yep, Maggie was right, there was no way I was going to be taking it back. It was on his wrist and he was keeping it. He was so happy. He got me a new mug from Dranes as I decided earlier in the week to throw my favorite mug across the floor to see if it would break and yep, it did! I wasnt really concerned with what he got me or the cost cause I know that when finances are better then I will be getting pipes for my bike. Even though it wasnt a big xmas we were happy just to be together and to have Mike there as well. Isnt that what it is all about really? Eventually Kay headed off and none to quick as she had found that damn Hippo song and was blasting it repeatedly! The three of us got to drinks again and then ended up playing monopoly for a few hours before a late dinner.

On the 25th, I made my round of phone calls to family and Mike called his parents as well, I eventually made breakfast and Mike went on a little social visit with Vince. When he got back we were starting to get ready to head to dinner. But first the boys decided to go for a ride. Well not to be outdone from Halloween, I dug into my xmas boxes and found my assortment of xmas hats and they both put one on over their helmets. Len was a jester hat and Mikes was an elf with the ears. This is a little joke as he has been nicknamed the Leprachaun. I got pics of them on the bikes and a quick video of them leaving. I did do it all up to music but facebook banned it on me, guess they didnt like my song!!!! When they got back we loaded up and headed to Vic for dinner with our friends Bruce and Viv. We also had our friend Deb there with her boys. It was good to see her again cause we havent seen her since we were in Kelowna in July. We had a great dinner and games night with them all. And yet again, I repeat, what more could you ask for then the company of good friends at xmas. Mike drove home as he was takig a day off from drinking and a good think cause I hadnt realized exactly how much of the punch Len had been spiking and drinkin til we got home. Dumb bugger started a conversation with us in the truck and then fell asleep to it. I woke him when we got home and he stumbled into the house and dissapeared leaving Mike and I to bring in all the bags. We sat up for a half hour ad then went to bed ourselves. Well atleast Mike did. I had a fight on my hands as the drunk fell into bed taking over 3/4s of it. I could barely get in and there was no moving him. Not to mention the elbow I had stuffed into my back. He moved briefly but that was only to move his arm under his head so I now had an elbow to the head. Yep this is going to be a great night. If I was lucky, I got about 3 hours sleep and was up again at 630. Well needless to say, Len and I didnt get to far yesterday. We said our goodbyes to Mike as he was heading up to Comox now and I didnt think I would be able to stay up. I tried a nap but that didnt work, then we put a movie on figuring I might just fall asleep to that. Ya wrong, he did, but not I. I made a quick and easy dinner for us and then we sat down to watch Shrek. Eventually I did nod off before waaking up and heading to bed. Thankfully I slept reasonably well last night and think Im good to go and cause trouble today!

Well have one more week off school, and have the basic outlines for both projects ready to go. First off, I need my damn doll back from my niece. Then I will start doig all the creative parts for that one. But Im not going to start it if I cant get the doll. I will have to change my whole plan and do something different. The second one, I have typed out and ready to fabricate. I just have to find a few little details and I will be ready to roll with it. I think Kay is coming home on Monday and then I just have to worry about January 5th!!!! OMFG she is turning 16!!!!! Where did the time go? She wants to get her licence and she says she wants to learn on my truck! Damn I hope my clutch holds out!! We also have New Years and that should be fun. It is a wedding party that we are going to with many of our friends and a group of us are all staying in the same motel. Look out Nanaimo, here we come.

Hope everyone had a good xmas and all the best for the coming year. I know that mine is going to be strenous but it will pay off in the long run.

No comments: