Sunday, November 29, 2009

Besides lack of sleep, Great week!

Well not to bad of a week over all. Besides the never ending monsoons! The main portion of the week was uneventful really, besides lack of sleep. Len has had some kinda bug but is feeling fine except for this never ending cough he seems to get around 11pm. It seems to want to last half the night which of course causes no sleep for either of us and we are both so rudely awaken by the semis on the highway by 5:30 in the morning! I love the property I live on, but damn I hate those trucks. Dont know why they need to use the air brakes going up hill at that hour! Really pisses me off, especially when I am lacking on sleep.

As for school, handed in my project, which I was ready to rip my hair out over last weekend. Teacher said it would be easy and we could find everything we needed via the internet. Ya like phuk we could! I spent 2 and a half days researching and found nothing. I even had another student trying to research for me and my buddy Suzie in Cedar looking for Nanaimo resources to no avail. Finally I went to Duncan on a mission Monday morning and found the basics for what I needed. Monday night I did the project and got the thing together. I ended up with a 96 on the project. When it came around to doing the review for the final, I thought I had the answers but then when we checked them, the teacher had me so confused over a few of the questions I didnt know which way I was going. She was basically trying to tell me that two seperate questions and answers were the same and I was not getting this at all. Oh well, mark down her answers and try and remember them. I cam home on Thursday night with the review answers in hand and tried to put my mind to it some what. I t didnt last to long as I was so friggin tired. I decided at 10pm that I was going to head to bed and try to be asleep before Len and get a decent nights rest, then get up and cram for a few hours before leaving. Our exam time was changed from 1 pm to 10 am, so needless to say I didnt have the morning to deal with things like I usually do. Well sleep came but not for long, Len came to bed an hour or so later and managed to wake me up with the coughing so little to no sleep again. I got up at 6 and then tried to focus on my notes for a while but it just didnt want to sink in. Some of it was there but the major points didnt seem to be sinking in. I finally said to hell with it and went off to check the weather for the bike.

Im running with this philosophy so far that if I ride on exam day it is clearing my head of the garbage and therefore I am getting the good marks. Since it was dry and clear and no threat of rain, I was riding, 8 am or not. Well guess it worked cause I rode to school after a lovely fight with the bagger before leaving( tell that later) and ended up completely acing the exam. 100%, holy shit sticks batman!!!! And here I was worried ad concerned, no sleep, not really studying and well the mark says it all. So needless to say Friday turned into an awesome friggin day!

Like I said, we had the wonderful monsoons at the beginning of the week, but Thursday rolled around and it wasnt to bad. I had all my homework and review doe Wednesday night, so I took a ride into Duncan on Thursday morning, opps ya on the bagger, yep its still first in the basement. Then I decided what the hell, Im taking her to school. Sure nuff and like I figured my honey decided he wanted to ride home, so he met me at school and swapped vehicles. Hell its the least I can do. Bring him his bike so he can ride home, and I can take his tools and truck home for him!!!!! We stopped for a beer on the way, then headed up the hat. Mind you he did ask why I get to enjoy the good part of the day and he gets to ride in the dark and cooler portion of the day. Hey a ride is a ride! If ya dont want to do it then I will ride home myself! Anyways we had noticed that my heated jacket seemed to have momentary issues ad we werent sure if it was working. So needless to say with my early morning ride on Friday we start to look over a few things. Well the jacket seemed fine Friday moring but for some reason Len took his seat off and the god damn bolt that holds the seat down dropped out of the fender. Jesus, now we are both in a rush to leave and trying to get this thing back together. Tried putting it up the side of the fender to the top to no avail, then I took the bolt and tried to slide my arm up from the back of the fender to the top. Hey I didnt do so bad until I got to my elbow, but there is a 2 inch piece of something attached to the chrome he has at the bottom of the fender and I couldnt get my arm past it. Next thing we try is fishing it thru. We dropped a piece of string thru the fender hole and the tied the bolt to it to fish it up and try to get it in place. Well with a lot of frustration and cursing we managed to make it work and got the damn seat back on. Now we are both running late and off we go likea couple of screaming memes!

Friday afternoon rolls around, my exam is finished and a bunch of us congragate outside for a smoke and to dwell on the results of how we thought we did. We decide to go for lunch and a beer and then go from there. Len met me for a bit but had to go and argue about his pay cheque so I said ok, Im going to head back to the school and see if the teacher is done marking yet to get my mark. She was leaving for a holiday that afternoon so she was rushing to get things done. Another 2 of the girls had already headed there anyways. He went his way and I mine. I met the girls at the school and the teacher was just trying to finish up on the marks so we wasted a few more miniutes waiting for the marks. The teacher knew that we were there and stuck her head out when she was done to give us our marks. I think she was just as excited that 2 of the 3 of us that were there got 100 on the exam. Ya baby, now Im dancing outta the school on cloud nine! No idea how I really pulled it off but I did. Doing the Happy Dance! What a way to end the week. I headed up to meet Len just grinning like a Cheshire cat. Sure I had some people wondering as I rode down the road, tunes blastin, big ole grin on my face and not a care in the world. He was a little upset with the end of his day but super proud of me, so we decided to stop and celebrate a little before heading home. So I gave up the riding gear and bike and took the truck and off we went. Good thing we did hang around a bit as we had to stop at Home Depot to get more flooring for Rick.

Saturday rolled around and we went off to Nanoose again to do some more flooring for Rick and Sheila. We were planning on going there annyways on Sunday, so Rick just thought come up for the weekend. Kaylee decided to tag along with us this time and she brought her homework, so that was good. But she is so hard to try and help. I dont know if she just doesnt want to pay attention and wants me to give the answers to her or what. But she really doesnt seem like she has much interest in doing the work. Even Rick and Len tried to help her at one point just working out measurements on a ruler and she was sitting there confused. She may not like it but I may have to get her some help if she isnt going to try. I tried to do some work for my next project but didnt have internet access so I was limited on what I could do. Thankfully I had download some info that I could read thru and pick out info. After dinner on Saturday we ended up playing poker again and Rick walked away this time with most of the money. Len was out and I think I came away with 12 of my 20 bucks. Oh well always tomorrow.

Sunday was the Grey Cup party and we sat around until people started showing up. We did have the pool for winning scores in each quarter to bet on and we all bought a bunch of squares. It was a great game, right up to the end when the losing team won by 1 point. I luckily won the 2nd quarter and got 20 bucks back that was lost the day before.

We ended the weekend by heading home, relaxing for a bit then a hot tub under the full moon then off to bed. Guess we were both pretty tired as neither of us woke up til 6:30 this morning.

Oh well another week, I wonder what it holds? Well a few things off the top of my head, are Thursday, I believe Kay is coming to school with me and then I won tickets at school to the Shriners Xmas Fantasy show so we will be going to that, just dont want to rush home to get her and then back down, so what the hell, just bring her along. And of course Saturday night could turn into trouble up in Cedar. Having a Xmas party at Ed and Sue's and there are 3 couples that are staying the night. This could prove to be interesting, very interesting. Especially if Ed gets his way and manages to coax Rodney out at the end of the evening!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just want to meet Rodney once, everybody else has apparently!