Saturday, November 21, 2009

1 Course down, bunch more to go!

Well when I left last weekend, I had finished my first course and the final exam. Of course had to wait til Monday to get marks for the exam, project and overall mark for the course. Needless to say I was still bitching about the first project and loseing marks by not being able to be there. I was just hoping and praying that it would not lower my overall to badly. We had 4 marks combined to get the overall. The midterm was a 94, the bad project gave me a 77, hopefully the next two would keep my mark up but that is a good 15 point spread. Monday rolls around and She has decided to split things up a bit. She is going to give us our project back at the beginning of the class and then not get the final until the end. Whats with that, we all wanna know! Well for the few of us that got there early to jockey for best seat now that new ones came available she did let the cat outta the bag to us if we went up and asked her. Well low and behold to my surprise, my project was a 93, so hmmmm I can still see that 77 dropping my overall. Then she gave me my final mark. HOLY SHITSTICKS BATMAN! I scored a 97!!!!! I just about wanted to fall over, right there and then. Blew my mind for sure. And surprisingly enuf, it didnt lower my overall that badly. Somehow when she totals them up I ended up with a 92 overall for the course. Not bad for some redneck biker chick!

Now the only problem I can forsee for these great marks, is keeping them up there. I have obviously set a standard for myself and need to try and keep all marks in the 90s. Ya sure no pressure, ya right. I was panicing before the first mid term exam and stressing myself over it, now that I know I am capable of these marks, I am going to drive myself insane trying to keep them there. Im not sure which is worse, having slightly lower marks and giving yourself room for improvement or being at the top and pushing yourself to stay there. I can surely say that it would be great if I ended up with honours at the end of the course, if not even validictorian. Not that I much on public speaking but that is something to accomplish. I thought I was going to be worried about the final because my head was in the clouds all week with the crud, but somehow the info sunk in and got thru when I needed it. Maybe I should try that more often. Not pay attention and hopefully it will all just sink in via osmosis. Now that would be the ticket.

Well Monday is here and we start a new course. This one is only 2 weeks long but we have two exams and a project to do. The project seems simple enuf but we will get back to that later. Each night she is giving us our homework assignment to try and drive the info into our heads. Well not so easy when you really only have a few days to comprehend it all before writing an exam. Well in usual style, Im over doing things and the notes that we get from the homework assignment, I am typing out to make more legible oh and of course understandable. Ya just never know what she might throw at us on the exam. She also gives us the review for the exam on the Tuesday. Holy crap how can we do a review when we only have 2 days in. Just dont make any sense. Oh well carry on, type out the review questions, with the answers that I have so far and wait til the next day to add the rest. Meanwhile she decides to give us even more the next night. Well all ya can do is hope for the best and go with it. We ge to Thursday, go over the homework, the review and the extra review she gave us. Everyone seems a little worried about it all and trying to make sense of it. A few in the class know what marks I have got and they want help from me. Ya sure no problem, I still need to get it in my head. I do what I can that evening to help them out and carry on with my own studying or shall we say cramming! I keep at the cramming on Friday morning til I just about give up.

Well the Pineapple express has been here all week with monsoon rains and it hasnt been pretty. Friday morning, Im sitting in the sunroom office and what is this...... but sunshine and warm beating down my back while studying. Damn is it actually going to be a nice day? Should I even comment about riding to school. The bike really clears the head before the exam, it would be nice. I head downstairs and have a look at the 2 bikes sitting there growing dust and mold. They both have such pitiful faces, staring at me wondering when they are going to get out and get abused. I talk to them both for a moment and tell them they might be inluck today, well atleast one of them. Well going to have to send a message or two cause it seems the bagger is closest to the door and either I will have to ride it or Im going to have to juggle them around to get Therapy out. If it stays like this and Len gets done work early, he may want to get out for a ride as well. So I talk to him and he says no just take mine, dont worry about it, he prolly wont go for a ride. This is around 10am. I call another girl in the class and let her know that I am planning on riding, so if she wants a ride, then it will be on the bike. Sure no problem she says. So thats the end of that, I am riding to school and taking the bagger to boot. I get myself ready cause I have given up on studying at this point and head out the door. I get down to Langford and pull the phone out to call him and let him know to take it easy as the cops have radar both sides at Bamberton and lookie here there is a text message from Len. Think Im going to meet you at school and trade vehicles. Ha I knew it! He couldnt pass up the rare moment of clear weather, he needed a ride as well. No problem, I will see ya down there shortly, just heading out from east LA. Good thing that we can both where the same gear, cause he is wearing most of mine for the trip home. I had his Cordura jacket on, but my chaps and my heated jacket. His gloves were in the bike but no doorag or his regular helmet. I did have his spare so he would use that. He didnt care just happy to get a ride in. So off he goes with a big ole grin on his face heading homeward and Im off for my midterm for course 2.

Well, we have already been given our project assignment for the next course because the teacher is going on holidays and to give us extra time to work on it. This one is a partner project, so I was staying behind for a bit to talk to my partner and figure out what we were going to do. When we finish an exam we turn it in then are allowed to leave. We dont have to spend the whole day there. So my partner and I met up in the lobby to discuss our project and a few other girls stayed around BSing with us. Well looking at the time we figured she might be done marking them so we went and checked up on her to see if we could get our marks before going home. Well after a bit more waiting and a few smokes we finally got our marks. Yahooo, I did it again, another A this time 90%. The exam was only out of 40 so I got 4 wrong but that equates to an even 90. But we also had the new guy hanging with us and damn I got me some competition now. The boy scored a 99!!!! Well I like what Dave said on FB to me..... Learning isnt a competition..... Now go kick his ass!!!! Guess Im going to have to heed his words and do just that.

So the weekend is here, no homework for a change, but I do have my project to work on. Ya that easy one.... my ass! I spent the better part of Saturday surfing the net and consulting all the resources I had to come up with the info that I needed. I cant find shit anywhere. Im going to have to change the whole idea behind my project, unless something miraculously appears overnight. Well I finally gave up racking my brain around 3 and just decided to relax. We are heading up to Cedar tonight to play poker with the gang. Hopefully I will have a repeat of the last poker night and it wasnt just beginners luck. Not to metion, I really wanna see Ed pout!!! Now in the process of all of this I have lost my "N" on my keyboard. I have a laptop and the damn key popped right out. I have been finishing this entry pushing on a little rubber nub to get the "N" to work. Damn it, hope I can get it fixed. Mind you it could have been pretty funny leaving the "N" out and letting you decipher it!

Well did our poker thing and I got slaughtered, couldnt win a hand, no matter how hard I tried. The worse one of the bunch was having a nice high flush with an Ace kicker, was gigling on the inside thinking, I finally got a hand. Only 2 hands could possibly beat me and with 8 people playing the chances of getting either were slim and none. Well wouldnt ya know it, the one in a million hand showed up and I got beat by a Royal Flush. Ed, dont let it go to your head, you wont get thru the door! We had a great nite with our good friends. That little devil Kazza walked off with everyones money but mainly ours. Suzie had a bit too much fun but even so, she is surely a little slow today for it. Thanks to both for the hopitality as always.

I thought the monsoons were ending but yet they seemed to kick up again yesterday. Wasnt too bad going up island but hell coming home was a different story. We were driving down the highway on the centre line, just trying to keep the truck on the high ground. Places that you dont normally see the wheel ruts, you could now see were full of water. Thankfully most idiots were off the road by then. It was nice to wake up to a clear day today, instead of more of this crud. Took a look at the long range, and Im sure the weatherman is just phuking with me again. It is showing a few more days of liquid sunshine and then a week and a half of sun into December. Lets just wait and see how right they are this time. Im getting a little tired of this as you can do much of anything but hide in the house. Cant ride, cant use the hot tub, you just dont even want to go out. Atleast it isnt the "S" word, thats all I can say about that. I dont want a repeat of last year.

I managed to fix my "N" last night before leaving, so I have a fully functional keyboard again. Thank goodness, was really a little difficult trying to get it to work. Oh well, guess now that the groceries are done, I guess it is time to try and do some school work, or say frig it and do it tomorrow, or I could start dinner. Going to kill a roast beast tonight, I might even get my arse in gear to do some Yorkshire for a change. Mind you the sun is still shining and I might just have to go for a little ride, while the opportunity is there.

Hmmmmm decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What Bear said... :-)

No swelled head here. I looked up the odds, about 670,000 to 1. I don't think I'll see another one of those for a while!