Saturday, October 24, 2009

The suns out, think I need my own Reality Therapy!

Well its a week into the actual class now and I think Im hanging in. Has been alot of info to take in. Some I understand and some makes little to no sense at all. The first day, I was kinda stunned, feeling like a deer caught in the headlights! It was a simple day really, the rest of the class reviewed their last final, then we had a round of introductions, covered the course, the projects and expectations as well as the grading for this course. After a break, we came back and did a brainstorming exercise. At first I was a little intimidated but then the ideas started to come and I was an active participant in my group. Still felt lost as the rest of the class was using the jargon and I of course didnt have a clue, can we use some layman's terms here??? Each day we have to write a reaction journal, on what we did in class and something that we liked or disliked from our opinion and our view on it. I thought this shouldnt be that hard, ya right, I have rewritten the first 3 days and may still change them up some after getting the teacher to have a look and let me know if I was going in the right direction. She said not to change them again as she likes to see how we progress thru the entries. I think I may still alter them some.

Day 2 brought on ideas of the counselling process and how it all works. Not to bad and got the general idea of it all but look out Hump day cause here comes Freud. I can grasp some of his ideas but for the majority I think this guy was a nymphomaniac. All his theories are based sexually. And I just cant wrap my head around this. He is a psychoanalysts, which is all what is going on in your mind. All your problems are suppressed in your subconscious and you have to dig in to find them before you can fix anything. His different forms of therapy make sense to me but not so much as a whole. Thankfully the heavy theories being taught was broken up with an easier lesson on Thursday. It was on at risk youth and more towards peer counselling. This made sense completely and I can see how many of the ideas would work in a school setting. Thank goodness for a relatively easy brain day, cause I was still trying to grasp Freud. For Friday we dealt with Glasser and his reality approach. This I get and like. It makes complete sense to me to deal with what is in the here and now to move forward in a positive manner. He deals with behaviours hence if you can change the negative behaviour to positive, you can move forward past the problem in a positive manner.

Im glad we ended the week with a theory that was not to stressful on the brain. It should be pretty simple to write my journal entry for yesterday. Nope didnt do it when I got home as my sweetie took me out for dinner and dancing. Guess he figured I needed it and to get my mind off things for a while. It was nice just to get out together for a change, without the girl or the bikes. Did I just say that??!! Oh ya well the weather wasnt the best for a good ride last night, but today the SUN is out and the roads are dry, guess we will have to create some of our own reality therapy today!!!! Mind you that is if we can get the bikes outta the damn driveway. The landlord has allowed Mainroads to bring in the fill that they have dug out of the ditches and fill in some of the swampy holes in the upper yard. After her cutting down a zillion trees it has made quite a few big openings that could be filled. Well that is all good but pretty bad that they decided to start doing so in the friggin rain. Well we have had back to back dump trucks pouring into the driveway plus an excavator pushing the crap into the holes, which has only create a friggin mess at the hill and top of the drive. It is heavily rutted and just like sludge up there now. Even the trucks are slidin to get up the hill and stay the course. Not friggin happy about this! Needless to say if we get the bikes out they are going to turn into mud bikes and they will be needing a good wash when we get home. One would think that they would be a little more considerate on the state they left the driveway in. We arent driving monster machines here that can plow through anything!!!!! If I see them on Monday, Im going to have a friggin talk with them, cause as ya'll know if the roads are dry, Im riding to school and if I cant get the bike out, Im goin be some pissed with them, better yet if I end up dropping it because of the mess they created and left for us!!!!

Well I guess its time to get on with the day, do my homework, move a few more things and then out for my Therapy, hopefully! Tomorrows going to be the shits again so will do some major house cleaning now that Len is moved in. Get the worst of the mess cleaned up so next Saturday will just be a quick clean before the party. Hey speakin of which, I gotta get out the Halloween decorations and am going to have to start buying some pumpkins and getting them carved up for the party. Got our costume idea on the go and methinks it good thing Bear isnt going to make it this year as he may have another episode similar to the blow up doll year!!!! Going to miss ya buddy but understand and you are just going to have to wait for the pics to see what ya miss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I was completely oblivious to the problems you've been dealing with! I keep forgetting to read your blog. Good on you for sticking with it to the end and getting what you wanted! With that kind of determination, I know you will be successful!