Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On Pins and Needles

Well it has been a few weeks now and I have been busying myself trying to get things done to get into school and receive the funding. I have filled out all the required forms and made appointments for all of the pre requisites. I received the letter from my doctor stating I was capable of taking the course. I booked the appointment for the TB testing but still have to wait for that day to arrive. I applied for my criminal record check, but this seems to be a problem for some reason. I have never in the past had any problems with getting one and it is usually done overnight. It has been 2 weeks and it still isnt done. Getting a little anxious here waiting for it. Hope the hell my past isnt resurfasing for some reason and if it is that it doesnt affect my chances of getting into school or getting work. I have been back to the job councillor twice and done everything that she requested and managed to complete the application forms and addition market research information needed to apply for the funding. Finally yesterday I turned in my application for the funding. Only thing there is a hit with Revenue Canada. Yep I owe them money and the funding program usually requires a `comfort Letter`from them stating that they will not attach to the training monies. Well my damn case worker wont write any such letter even if she says that she wont go after any of the monies. She told me that it is not in their forms, letters etc, they have no such thing! But yet for some reason to all the others that I have been dealing with, they seem to think this iss a completely normal thing for Rev Can to do. So my only option was to include her name and number with my application so that they can call and speak to her if need be. I swear if it wasnt for bad luck I would have no luck. Everytime things look good and seem to be working out, I get thrown another twist that I have to try and solve. So for now, Im in the process of waiting on my crim check, the TB testing and praying the funding comes in. The biggest being the funding, but I guess dependant on what comes back in the check that may affect me as well.

I also found out when I saw my job councillor that, I could not be on a medical EI claim if applying for funding. So even though I had got it reinstated and was a little more relaxed knowing that I would have some money to pay the bills, I had to cancel the claim. So of course that just tightens the strings even more on me as I have absolutely no income for this month besides the regular dribbles that I get from Child tax and GST credits as well as my minimal maintenance cheque.

I left the funding service yesterday after turning in the application, relieved that it was done, but also on pins and needles that I need to wait til the end of the week to here if Im approved. Nothing I can do but wait now. Came home to a message from the RCMP in regards to my check and she explained to me what the hold up was and that supposedly they are digging further into my past to see exactly what was there from my teens! Why I have no idea, never had it happen before. She said she would be back to me in a day of so. Great now I have to worry about this. Oh well not much I can do but wait.

I ended up going down to Vic to keep myself busy and help Len on his job. I decided to be nice and ride his bike down instead of mine. Yep just for fun but also so that he could ride home at the end of the day instead of fighting traffic in the truck. Yep sometimes Im just too nice! LMAO Made his day to get to ride home that was for sure after the stressful day he had fighting the tiles he was working on. We got home to another messsage. This time it was from the funding people! Oh fuck is this good or bad. He told me a couple days to go over the application and that I would prolly hear back on either Wednesday or Thursday, not that afternoon! I listened to the message and all it was, was a request to call back, no "in regards to"! Damn it all, now I have something else to dwell on over night!!!!

Dwell I did, I havent been sleeping the best since I found out that my EI claim was finished and hope and pray that every night I will get a good nights sleep. Most have been a labour to say the least. but yep last night my head was going. A million things rolling through my brain, did I fill something out wrong, has Rev Can decided to be an ass, I didnt do enough market research for the job Im potentially heading for and worst of all had dreams or flashbacks of my shitty past and what my crim check is going to come back with. For crying out loud, it was over 20 years ago and people change. I am surely not the scared, naive teenager that I once was! Well all I can do is wait til 830 when the funding office is open and call back to find out. Of course Im thinking the worse because the call was just to soon for an approval but maybe just once things will be positive for me and Im not going to have to do more running around to get my application approved.

All of this on my head and then trying to keep Len calm with trying to move his things. Yep those that dont know, he is moving in. No sense in paying 2 rents and utilities when we are always together at one or the others house. Most of his things we have been slowly moving over. His office and bedroom are here as well as all of his tools for work. Of course I have a 2 bike garage now, so that gives me an option on what bike I might choose to ride each day! LOL Well of course as long as he isnt riding. We disassembled and reassembled his shed on Saturday and it is here now. So just a few minor big things that have to be dealt with, the worse being the fish tanks oh and the hot tub! The later I have sorted out though. I can use one of the flat beds from Mountain and I think I have bribed most of the crew to come and lend a hand in a couple of weeks to help us out. In return they will get burgers and beer. Fair deal for an hours work especially on a non pay weekend when they may be wanting a beer or 2. we will be working on having mostly everything done by the 24th, as the following weekend is Halloween and we are hosting this years haunted soiree for our friends.

So for now Im sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear if Im going to start school next week. If I do great! If not then some one is surely going to need to call in the men with the pretty white jackets, cause Im surely going to go off the deep end!

No comments: