Saturday, October 31, 2009

Busy weekend, Halloween and mid term

Well I have made it thru the second week of school. My brain is partly in overload. Not just did we cover Freud last week but we covered several other methods as well. I have come to the conclusion that I dont much like any of the cognative interventions. Maybe its just that they are more confusing in what they are trying to do or just the fact that I believe you should deal with things in the here and now and sorry but the past is gone, ya cant change it. Carpe diem! Im rolling along fine with my first project and only have a rough idea for my second one and its due first, go figure. Got to get my arse in gear and get some of it done. We have our mid term so to speak for this course on Tuesday, so come tomorrow hangover or not, guess what Im going to be doing! Kinda kewl though, the teacher gave us a review booklet that covers all the questions that we NEED to know from each chapter. We are to go thru it and answer everything and this in turn becomes our study guide. On Monday the whole class will review the answers that we have to study further on Monday night. I kinda looked it over on the way home last night and I have maybe 50 percent in my head, maybe a bit more. That was just a quick glance. What Im going to do as I start to answer them is the ones I have in my head, Im going to type out in black and the ones I have to look up will be in a different colour. Hopefully to put the emphasis on them as I study. Im not looking forward to this at all. Hopefully it has changed since high school, but I used to get test anxiety and end up flunking the test cause I get myself so worked up oveer it.

I have been trying hard at the nightly journal to make sure it is what the teacher is looking for and have asked her to read over a few entries to make sure I am on track. She says I am and not to take too much time editing it as it is only 15% of my mark. But hell if I can get a high mark on it, then it will help if I do poorly on anything else, like the second project or the exams. I think I will do okay but would really like to do well. Mind you if I do really well then I have an expectation to live up too, where as if it is so so then at least I can strive towards a higher mark on the final. Yep warped thinking. But hey maybe a bit of the Paradoxical Therapy might work on me and I will do just the opposite of what Im thinking.

Spent last night doing up some pumpkins for the party tonight, would like to do more but not sure if I will have the time. I like to have a dozen or so around the house but then with school, I didnt have the time to do any during the week. Will see how the morning goes. Have one more here to carve, have to go postal and pick up some eggs from Vince and Cheryl. Put up some more decorations that the girlchild hasnt succeeded in doing yet, finish putting our costumes together and just generally straighten up. I know I have a few that may be spending the night but not sure how many, so I should go and hunt out the air mattresses just in case. I know I have some spooky halloweenie music around, just not sure where I hid it. So far looks like the weather is going to be on our side. Not calling for any of the wet stuff til overnight. So lets hope that we are all spooked out by then.

Oh well, just a quick run down for now. I will make sure to do some kinda blog in the morning after the party cause that will be the fun stuff. Til the morning when the clocks go back!

No comments: