Monday, September 28, 2026

Lazy in Laredo

 

LAZY IN LAREDO

We have had a very quiet day today as we have to wait in Laredo for a couple days before moving on.  But I have to do a little backtrack as I did forget a few things yesterday from the long days and lack of sleep.

As we left Roswell yesterday and were laughing about aliens, we came across the Mystery Machine parked in a field but it was empty.  Scooby Doo where are you?  The aliens must have left Lorie alone and instead beamed up Scooby and the gang.  Ruh Ro, this is not good, who is going to solve the mysteries now.  Lorie couldn’t get her camera out fast enough to take a picture.

We were then cruising along towards Eagle Pass and she spotted Bobbitt Ranch.  We were going to stop but decided that we didn’t want to join a cult that day or cause any harm.  If you are not a Canadian or a true crime junkie then just google Lorena Bobbitt.  When your on the road for long lengths of time, you find humour in the dumbest things.

As I said we have a couple down days while waiting for the broker to do the importation process.  I was awake early as usual and got ready to go over and drop off the trailer and bike and left Kahlua and Lorie sleeping.  It took awhile to get things done but finally after a couple hours the trailer was parked to wait its turn to go to the border.  It should be back by 2pm tomorrow.  I returned and they were both still in bed but awake.



It was too late to head straight to the vets, so we sat around for a bit and went for 130 when they opened up again.  Of course, Kahlua did her thing and was trying to escape every time the door opened.  She wanted nothing to do with the Vets office.  Then she ended up looking like an angel compared to this poor husky that came in.  He got through the door and hit the ground and dug his nails in, he was not moving.  They couldn’t even drag him in and had to pick him up and carry him.  Then a lady came in with a cat in a carrier and the kitty was crying.  Kahlua’s little tail started spinning and she went over and stuck her nose to the carrier to tell the kitty it was okay.  When we were done, she ran to the car and jumped in, she was out of there!



We took Kahlua back to the room and decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner at Red Lobster.  After lunch we decided to stop at the Spirit of Halloween store to look at decorations and get AJ, my General Manager a costume for our Halloween party/ his birthday party.  Somehow, I knew the first pic I sent him would be the one he would want and I was correct.  But lord did we have a laugh looking at the different costumes, decorations and animatronics.  Speaking of Scooby, I almost got Kahlua a costume and we would have had our very own Scooby in the Mystery Machine.  There were some pretty funny costumes there and I managed to make Lorie jump while triggering a bog monster.



We wandered around the Dollarstore and the Five or below as Lorie believed they had way better stuff then we do in Canada but I didn’t see the difference.



We came back to the room and just relaxed for the rest of the evening.  Tomorrow we will reorganize the back of the Jeep before hitching up again as the doors don’t open when hooked up.  Then we will be ready for when they call to pick up the trailer.  When we get it back, we get to reload all the bins and boxes and get ready to head for the border on Wednesday morning.  I’m getting closer and it doesn’t seem like by the weekend I will be there.

Hasta luego

No comments: