Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Final run for the border Laredo to Matehuala, SLP

 

FINAL RUN FOR THE BORDER

We got up at 7 and got everything loaded up.  We stopped by the brokers so she could explain the paperwork to me.  They were a little late in getting there so we were delayed a bit in getting on the move.  We finally got to the border crossing and everything went really smoothly.  We went inside and got stamped into Mexico and got the Temporary Import Permit for the Jeep.  We then had to get someone to come for the inspection.  We took Kahlua out for a wander while we waited and an officer came over.  I gave him a copy of the manifest and he took a brief look and gave it back.  He asked for the import papers and I gave him those as well.  He then asked me to open up the trailer so he could have a look and check the VIN on the bike and the trailer.  All was good and he gave me a slip of paper so that I could pay the duties which ended up being only $450 and then we were out of there.

We had no problems and were making good time and eventually came to a transportation check stop and they got me to pull over.  I had it easy and was actually laughing with this officer.  He asked for my TIP and I gave it to him and he thought he had caught me in the wrong as the trailer was not listed on it.  I told him no that it was imported and he asked for those papers.  I gave them to him as well as the tramite (transit pass until it is registered in my state), then he asked to see what I was carrying and I handed him the manifest of items.  Then he asked if I paid duties and I gave him that receipt also.   Every time he asked about something, I pulled out the documents.  When he was finished having a quick look in the trailer, he jokingly gestured chocking me as I was prepared for everything.  We both laughed and he sent me on my way.  Well 2 for 2 that I was over prepared for.

The drive itself was basically uneventful except for the weather.  We ended up going through 3 separate storms that were so bad there was next to zero visibility.  The last one was rain and hail.  The rain drops were as large as golf balls.  I just slowed down and took it easy through the rain.

We got to the hotel in record time, faster then we expected and just sat and relaxed while Kahlua was able to run around in the yard.  After a string of phone calls, we went up for dinner.  Just as we were finishing another storm was blowing in with thunder and lightning.  We rushed back as we knew Kahlua would be having major anxiety.  Sure enough she was hiding in the bathroom in a full-blown panic.  I gave her some meds that the vet had given me and she finally settled down.

Tomorrow we will head past Mexico City to Orizaba and stay there.

I need to get some sleep so until tomorrow.

Hasta luego.

No comments: