Saturday, July 10, 2010

Basically Back to Normal

Well it seems things are getting back to normal now. The last posting, I had a mid term and pulled a 94 which is normal for me. Guess the brain is starting to settle down and not scramble information as much. Still having some dizziness but usually only when getting up, laying down, or doing stupid shyte like looking down, bending over or looking up into the sky. That really gives the head a spin. Otherwise things arent bad. The rib still has its moments and the ankle is still tender, especially if I spent to much time on it but bearable overall.
Got to leave school a little early on The friday thankfully, as traffic was fairly busy. Got home to take a short break then we loaded up and headed to Crofton to meet up with the gang. Definitely a great weekend, for sure. Got settled in and then headed to the pub for dinner, back to the resort for a bonfire and amusement. Saturday, I was just going to stay behind and relax and let the boys torment me while I did some homework but I decided to ride to Duncan so I could check on the boots that were ordered in for me. We waited around for a while waiting for Suzie to arrive, we finally headed out to the highway to meet her then went to Duncan. everyone went on a little shopping spree methinks. I bought the boots to replace the old ones, Len got me a new DOT helmet and Im not sure what all else was bought but I know I saw the girls going thru the racks of clothes. The rest of the group decided to make a run out to Lake Cowichan and I said I would just head back to the cabins. Suzie decided to come with me, so we waved them off and then we headed to Crofton. Well they all got their chance to tease me with my homework, but I just wanted it out of the way so I didnt have to worry about it later. Eventually all returned and the kibitzing continued. I tried to take a nap but it didnt work out that well and finally gave up, thankfully in enuf time to see Pam who had stopped by for a visit. The same usual BS insued for the evening, mind you it was much tamer. I think the biggest laugh of the weekend was when poor Bear walked face first into a sliding glass door. Oh and of course getting the blackmail evidence on Ed for riding bitch. yep, good times.

Back to the work week and a final exam on friday. Lots of info to deal with on this one. I didnt feel all that great going into it but who knows, I have said that before. I was one of the last to leave for a change but methinks it paid off. I ended up with the highest in the class and that is a good thing cause the marks were all low but I scored a 91. After I got home on Friday, we decided to take a trip up to Crofton to see 394 and if they wanted a tour guide the next day. Well a surprise for sure, the good Doctor was actually very calm and well behaved for a change. It really didnt seem normal. Oh well, plans were made for me to meet them and lead them on a backroads tour to Vic and area and eventually end up in the inner harbor. So Saturday comes and Len is working but I head off to take the group out sight seeing. We have a great ride down and everyone enjoyed it over taking the highway. When we hit the harbor, everyone dispersed on their own missions and eventually it was just Crash and Ruthie and I that were heading back up. we stopped off to wait for Len to finish and meet us for the ride up. They stopped off at the house and had another short visit before heading back to their campsite. we ended up heading to Duncan for a Canada day party for the night. So fairly busy weekend none the less.

This past week, I took the bike into Dranes on Tuesday to get the rear running lights dealt with on warranty. I took it in, got picked up for school and came back for it at the end of the day. Len met me there and all seemed to be working again. I had lights and the horn was replaced and didnt sound like a dying goose anymore. Len decided we should ride to Saltair for dinner, so we did. That has been about the longest ride for me so far and it did take a toll on me. We relaxed and had a nice dinner, ran into some friends I have not seen in years and then headed home. We switched bikes to give me a break and when we got home and Len pulled up to the garage he realized there were no headlights now. Well WTF! He pulled it in and tried the switches, then off comes the seat and we find a blown fuse. As we are looking we find that the wire that was pinch for the tail lites is mickey ducked together in a ball of electrical tape. Len tried another fuse and sure nuff as soon as we turned on the driving lites, poof, up goes the fuse. So they half assed fixed one thing to cause another problem. Guess its going back.

Wednesday I had an interview for my practicum and got accepted for a group home in Duncan. Should be kewl as they are going to give me a couple of my own residents to deal with on a daily basis. Off to school straight from there in a mad hurry but made it for 1pm. Thursday the bike went back in to hopefully be fixed right this time. so far so good. Nothing else has blown up since leaving and the tape issue was done properly now. Have just finished a lame one week course and on to my last course. Yay, one month left and I am done and heading out on practicum. Still holding a 95 GPA and believe this dumb biker chick is top of the class!

Today so far, Im just taking it easy and relaxing. Made some potatoes to create potato salad for later and Len and Kaylee have gone off on a ride to Tofino. He has been chomping at the bit to do a long ride and with school then the accident we havent been able to go anywhere. Kaylee has never been there so he figured what the heck, go for it and take his other favorite girl for a day out. Im sure they will have a great time although her butt may be sore by the time she gets back cause she isnt used to the long rides. They left a 8 am and havent heard anything yet. Me well, I will prolly get my act in gear and head out on the bike somewheres and maybe head to Vic later to see my class mates who are having a grad BBQ for those that finished yesterday. Otherwise, Im not in a rush to do much.


No comments: