Monday, July 19, 2010

Milestone

Well last Saturday, Len and Kaylee had a great day trip to Tofino. Poor K hasnt done to many long trips and her first words on rolling in were her butt hurt. She had lots of great pics and I received one text around 3pm that uncle was snoozing on the beach. They stopped at Taylor Flats and Kay went swimming in the river and played underwater with my camera. Chasing fishies and underwater videos. Len said it was friggin cold and he couldnt believe she was in for that long. Long 12 hour day for them but they had fun and that was the important thing. Sunday Len decided to head for Gold River with the gang. That would be to much of a trip for me so I elected to stay behind and do my own thing. He headed out at 7 am to meet up in Lantzville and go from there. He had a great day and was so happy to actually get some long rides in, to a total of about 1300k in the weekend.

Me, well Saturday was uneventful, waited around and eventually Sue and Steve showed up, we went to Arrow and then back down to the Swan, home again and eventually they were getting ready to pull out. I heard the pipes coming off the highway and said oh theres Len and K now, well wasnt I confused when this bright pumpkin orange Roadglide came around the corner. Not realizing at first who it was and then saw the shit eating grin on Kellys face. Guess he just made the trade of a lifetime and swapped the guy his Ultra plus a grand for this RG. He was smilin in a big way. S & S left and I stood around talking with Kelly for a bit and then the real pipes did come in and Kelly hid around the corner as Len pulled in with the same dumbfounded look on his face that I had. He stopped, looked at me, then Kelly came out and he was completely confused. So Len got filled in and we ogled the great pumpkin and the story again. Kelly headed off to torture his wife with his orange bike and we came in to relax.
Sunday the plan was to head to the S&S at the Arlington. Sue and Steve were to meet up with Bear and Kimmie then head here to get me before we headed to Nanoose. Guess they met up on time but they took their sweet time getting here. We shot the shit for a bit then off we went. Bear and Kimmie decided to hang with us for awhile before heading home, we stayed for the judging then headed home ourselves. Was a decent day but it did tire me out. It was the longest ride for me so far and lack of windshield sure does tire you with the wind pushing on yer body. Len eventually made it home from Gold river and actually in some good time. Got a text that he was at Fanny Bay and then next thing ya know he was here, he was hauling some ass coming home, but from the sounds of things they all were most of the day.

Back to normal on Monday, starting a new course, my very last one!!!!! But its a four weeker on Child development. Oh well, I just wanted the info for the project because that was going to be the biggest portion of the whole course really. The rest of the week was just getting by til the weekend. It was a busy week for both of us, mind you it helped to make it fly by. Wednesday I had to leave class early (we are now stuck there until 430 everyday, which is not amusing me) and race home to get K and Lumpy. We had an appointment at the vet to have her put down. She was quite old, had lost all her weight, had some bumps on her neck that I believed were cancer and she had been having seizures on a daily basis, some day 4 or more. K didnt want to put her down but I had to try and make her understand that it was the best thing and that she wouldnt be in any pain any more. It was difficult but we managed thru. Thursday I had to do the run around Victoria before coming home. K came with me to school as she was upset about the Lump and didnt want to be alone at home. On our way in there was a sign I had seen all week with kittens so we stopped to have a look and K fell in love with one almost right away. So I said that more then likely we would be back at 430 to pick him up. She had a tough afternoon, thinking about Lump and getting a new one. She thought it wouldnt be fair to the Lump but I told her Lump would be glad that she had someone new to keep her company and that she wasnt just replacing her. So stop we did and got the new addition, Oliver is his name and he is gray and white and full of beans. From there we headed over to Steves, where wee swapped out vehicles. I took his van and left him my car. This way their bed would be here for the weekend and they could ride up on Saturday and ride to the show. Then another stop in Langford to pick up the rest of the camping gear that K and Wayne had left behind at Luxton. After all that we were finally able to come home. In the process Len has hooked up with 443 and they are heading for Duncan Starbucks, so he says get the bike and come join them. Well I was close, saw them all at the light in Mill Bay and then they were out of sight heading north. I came home, parked the van got K settled in with Oliver got changed and off I went. Good little blast up to Duncan and shoot the shit with those that were there. The Vic group headed back and the 5 of us stayed a little longer before heading back to our neck of the woods. Got home and just tried to relax knowing the tomorrow and the start of Saturday was going to be a blur. Then the rest of the weekend was going to be a different blur.

Friday came and as far as I knew B & B would be here that evening to set up camp and spend the weekend. I ran around out in the yard prepping a few things and then next thing ya know it is time to run. I check the puter one more time to find a message the Bee has fallen down some stairs and is in the hospital. Well I hauled ass and stopped in to check on her and offer a ride in the truck if she didnt want to be on the trike. They said they were going to stay in town one more night and would be up in the morning. Alrighty not to worry then can get a few things done tonight. Tortured myself sitting thru class and was anxious to leave, but everyone kept having discussions and was drawing things out. I was not impressed, just wanted to get on the road and get the hell home. Well Bee tried to call at 4 but I let it go to voice mail and checked it when I left. At 430, Len was sitting at the summit, taking a breather from the traffic and insanity. I said well depending how bad it is, I might see him up there, then I checked the message from Bee and they were in Mill Bay already heading for the house. Ummm Len stop relaxing and get yer ass home, they are already there. For me it took over an hour and a half to get home. The traffic was insane. I can tell ya now in two weeks when we are supposed to have another late Friday, I wont be staying, I will go in early and leave early but Im not playing that game again. The other 2 we have exam so I will be ahead of the traffic.

I finally get here and they are set up so we sit and catch up and next thing ya know the Bear pulls in and he is ready to go for the weekend. He is moving in and here to stay and PARTAY!!!! So we sit around and bullshit for the course of the evening and nothing much really gets done. Thankfully K was able to manage kitten duties as well as getting the house cleaned up. Bear is gung ho and wants to party and we keep reminding him it is tomorrow, dont want to burn out tonight. The boys wander off to bed around 10 and I went about 1030. Bear was a good boy and came in around 11 and went to bed. Saturday rolls around and it is going to be a whirlwind. The boys after Len finally gets out of bed, head off to Bears to pick up the trailer for Rick. Us girls are making a trip into Duncan. We wait a bit in the hopes that Ed shows up to set up his spot and finally they do. Ed makes plans to meet the rest of the boys at Dranes and Suzie is coming to Duncan with us. Off we go in the truck to pick up last minute stuff and try to get back at a reasonable time cause there is still more yard prep to do. Surprisingly the boys werent back yet. Oh well get in and get things unloaded and as that is getting done the boys start tapering in. we start getting the rest of things set up while having a drink and of course peoples started showing up. It was great to have everyone here from all over the island. Even had a group from Courtnay show up. I knew Crash and Ruthie were coming and I had a good feeling that Dez and Paws were going to make it cause she was trying to be sneaky bout it. They did and a little later Roy showed up as well. Not to mention all the rest of our mixed bag of friends and B and B from the interior. Was a great evening that is for sure, but Im going to get that little rotter Kazz one of these days. She had to make me a cougar suit and it was all good except the headband that wouldnt stay on. Everyone had a good time, including Ed who was mesmerized by the fire most of the night. Good cookies eh!!!! In the morning, everyone pitched into to clean things up so there wasnt too much to do at the end of the day. Got it to the point that it was just the chairs that would have to be stored. We all got ready and headed off to the Cassidy for the show n shine. It was a warm day, thats for sure. Well out of all of us that entered our bikes, only Rick got no award, but it was also the biggest class for a change. I took first and Suzie second in the softail, Kazza took first in sportie, Adam first and Sheila second in Road, Di first in 3 wheel and Kelly took first, Len second in Decker. Poor Rick especially when he is so proud of his new baby. But it made Kellys day and Suzie was all excited about her first award. B&B and Bear headed out earlier for the house and presumably to get Bear homeward. When the judging was done we said our goodbyes and headed off in our own direction. Kelly rode with us back south, atleast til Duncan where he stopped for gas. We got to our lite and were waiting to turn left and as we come up the street, there is Bear in the uturn route waiting for us and follows us back into the house. Im LMAO that boy oh boy Kimmie is going to kill him when he does make it home. He has sat around and BSed with B&B and was attempting to leave when he saw us and figured he had to come in for one more goodbye and thanx. I only promised Kimmie he wouldnt fall down and break another hip, I never said I would make him go home on time although I did try.

We relaxed for a while and I had a call from my cousin Beav in Ontario and eventually B & B made dinner for us which was nice. We pulled out the mini eclairs that we forgot to put out at the party and proceeded to eat almost the whole box. We sat around for a little and around 8 I gave up, I needed to go and lay back on the couch and put my feet up as I was getting some achy after being on them all weekend. Bee downloaded her pics and around 10pm everyone toddled off to bed. Need the good nights rest now. Yep everyone was exhausted.

Good this morning and back to normal it will be. Now that the party is over with, I have to focus on my project, the last 3 weeks of class and find one other practicum placement. Heres hoping we hear something from the Praxis program this week. Have to take the van back to Steve today on my way in but will hopefully be able to ride the rest of the week.

My next mission now, is to make sure all is good to go for the show n shine in August. Thanx to Moe in PA for finding me the last couple of sponsors, it was a huge help. The awards are being made and I think everything is in place. Will have to do a follow up and go up for the day to figure out the set up for the day of. Besides that things are looking up.

Thanx to everyone that came to the party, I had a great time. Thanx for all the wishes and gifts as well.

No comments: