Saturday, September 5, 2009

The week in review

Well after all the excitement from last weekend it has been up and down this week. Yep Monday off to try and recoup from the festivities, but back to work on Tuesday. Running around back and forth with a couple early mornings and hard labour type days thrown in to boot. Cant complain atleast it is extra money.

Of course in the mean time Im still searching for that full time job to get back to normal. Well found a few more to send out my resume too and one of them sounded really great and right up my alley. Heres hoping to hear from them. I havent had alot of sucess on getting interviews for some reason. Originally after losing my job, I was dealing with a job cousellor in Duncan and looking at different avenues available to me. One of the first things she had me do was reformat my resume to a style I had never seen before. It focuses more on your strengths and abilities over a chronological work history. Okay fine looks good but I have been wondering if it is the resume that is affecting the opportunity for interviews, even with a glorified reference letter from my last job. (Dans parents wrote it for me)

Like I said, sent out several this week and sure nuff heard from one that wanted an interview ASAP, well with trying to work with Mountain, I wasnt sure when I could make a break around the schedule he had me on. The interviewer said that he also lived in Duncan and was willing to meet me at the end of the day on his way home. WOW, that is amazing, maybe he really likes my resume if he is willing to take the time to meet me outside of the office. So needless to say I was alittle excited about just getting the interview. Finally, it has been quite awhile since I have been called for one. I met with him for the interview and it seemed to go well. Even though the position was classified as part time it was 4 days a week which would work out anyway, as well as benefits. He explained that he would be making his decision in the morning but only calling the person he would be hiring. Ok, guess we wait to see on Friday if I get a call.

In the meanwhile I was still hoping to hear from the one that really interested me and kept sending out vibes that I would be requested for an interview with them but would prolly accept the first one if I did get called. So Friday rolls around and I wait til noon before checking messages. DAMN, nothing there oh well wait til the end of the day. Little bit of a let down, when I thought the interview went well but heck, what can ya do. End of the day, I head out of the lake to meet Len for dinner and a drink and decide to check my home messages again to see if their was a job offer. Hey theres a message, excitement builds, maybe I did get the job!
Nope its a ladies voice, didnt get the job, but wait it is the other job that I am really interested in and she wants me to come for an interview! AWESOME, now Im really stoked! Heres hoping I can slam dunk this one and get the position. Good wage, and only have to commute to Langford. The interview will be sometime next Thursday or Friday, so send out some positive vibes for me! I would really like to land this one.

The rest of the weekend is going to be a rollercoaster as well. Last night we went over to Shawnigan Lake to one of Dans very close friends. Actually where he lauched the boat from and where last years tragic events unfolded. The anniversary was actually the 29th but because it was the long weekend last year, Fred was taking the time to reflect on it this long weekend instead. We sat out on the dock and had a couple drinks and laughed about some of the hijinks with Dan, trying to keep good thoughts in our heads. Kaylee threw some flowers into the lake for him and watched them float away. It was just the 3 of us with Fred and a friend of his there but Fred inform us that he was having a couple dozen people over tomorrow night and doing a large baron on the BBQ and we were more then welcome to come back if we wanted. Will have to wait and see how today goes first. That was why I decided on last night instead of making it one hell of an emotional day today.

Today we will be attending the ride and service for Gil Francis. I have known Gil for years and he was always a good natured happy person. Yet again someone that has been taken from us all to soon, thankfully though it was health and not an accident. Im sure the attendance is going to be huge as he was quite well known. He worked at Phoenix Cycle as the head mechanic and I also believe that today would be his birthday. Hard pill to swallow. Atleast it looks like the weather is going to hold off for the ride before the service. Thank god, I wasnt really looking forward to a ride in the rain.

Last night coming home from Duncan, I think I hit a road snake at the bottom of the hill coming out of Duncan and holy shyte, the bike did a nice big fishtail and I was holding on for dear life. Thats the first time I have had a bad one on the new bike. Not bad over 30,000 and finally got a good wobble to wake me up again. Sure didnt like it and had to check the shorts when I got home!

Well thats all the excitement for the week so far and like I said before send out those positive vibes for me in hopes that I get this job! I really want this one in a big way.

3 comments:

Tee McF said...

will be sending good thoughts your way Dragon
hugz

Unknown said...

Good luck from me too!

Bee W said...

Hi Jenn - send me a copy of your resume - I've been helping folks with them for about 20 years now - maybe I can add something to it to get that 'personal ad' working better for you.