Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sweet 16 and then some

Well, Tuesday rolls around, drag my sorry butt outta bed for coffee and stare at the puter. Next thing ya know she is bursting thru the office doors hollarin "ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!" ya ya we know, Happy Birthday honey, loves ya now go open your gifts before ya go to school. Cause ya know its been driving her nuts to get at them. The usual assortment of movies and such from Ontario, plus a nice pair of garnet earrings from my mom, also a cheque in her card to get her licence from her great grandma. We got her a silver chain with a heart shaped zircon and 16 on it. She liked them all and off she went before she missed the bus. We would see her at the end of day and take her for dinner. When we got home she decided it was going to be the Pioneer house for dinner and off we went. Nice dinner there for her to celebrate. The rest of the festivities would be on the weekend.

The weather for the week cleared up a bit and I got to ride for a couple of days. Len came by early one day and stole the bike to go home on but the second day, I had it all to myself. I also managed to find cheaper parking by ways of the petro can for $50 a month. Now this is one hella good deal as I was presently paying $6 a day in the robbins lot as there is nothing else around. I got back my first project that was due on Monday, and all that extra work I created paid off with 100%. Thursday was the presentations for the second project and I was confident enuf with it, just the marking for the presentation was questionable. Friday was our exam, and I was none too comfortable with it. There was a lot of information that was almost repetitious with only a slight variation of one word. Lists of 5 to 7 things where the difference was consequence or technique. Lord have mercy. I felt ill the whole way to school and was actually nauseous in class, one of the girls even told me I looked green. Great! I need this like a whole in the head. Well I got thru it but there was one question worth 6 marks that I was completely blank on. Nothing, nada, zip, no friggin answer!!! List 6 things... well I had a one sentence answer in my notes for this question, not a list of 6 things! Oh well put something down and hope for the best. I was bitchy all the way home knowing that I was already at 94% and if I got any more wrong it would continue to drop. I had this rotten feeling in the pit of my stomach that this had dropped me into the 80's and was quite pissed about it. Yep now that I have been getting 90+ on everything I wont settle for any less! Well Monday we get the marks for the exam and second project as well as our overall.

Needless to say I was grumpy all night worrying about it but Saturday came and I just got on with the days agenda. It was party day. I had house cleanin to do and get Kay off on her limo ride before others showed up later. I pretty much spent the majority of the day cleaning house and running around. When Bob got here with the limo and the girls came downstairs, I was just in awe! My baby gurl sure didnt look like no baby gurl. She looked way to growned up!!! Including wearing a pair of my 3 inch heels!!! Damn it all to hell, Im going to need a shot gun soon!!! Off they went to Duncan for lunch with a pit stop by the water to take some pics of the group and the limo I think she had a pretty good time with it, puttin on the airs and all. I guess when they stopped in Cow Bay for pics and got out of the limo, some guy thought they were up to something special and offered them all a boat ride, which they smartly declined. They came back home and started getting wound up, dancing and carrying on in the living room with that obnoxious music blaring. The rest of our gang were showing up around 6 and thanks to the weather we would prolly be inside all night. Not to worry as it was only a small group but boy did we have some laughs. Suzie mad Kay 2 cakes and they were absolutely great! Thanks so much Suzie as Im not allowed to bake cause I will burn them. And this she continues to remind me to this day! Ed and Suz also got her a nice garnet necklace that will match with her earrings beautifully! The Jeeps arrived and they also gave her a gift, bunch of lotto tickets and a bath kit I believe it was. Thanks so much to both couples as it wasnt necessary but more then appreciated. The kids took off and hid out upstairs occasionally coming down for food or drink. At one point the only boy that was here (Aprils boyfriend) came down for more pizza and Uncle McJeep got wound up a little and had the poor boy scared for a minute, til we informed Jeep that he was another girls BF and not after his niece. Opps ok, sorry but make sure the rest of the fellas know thats my niece!!! Thank goodness he was only on his first rum! Jeep went to store his stuff in the spare room and heard voices from behind him, he wanted to know who was hiding in the closet til he realized that the stairs to Kays room were right there behind him. We sat around an chucked shyte for hours. We all just bout pissed ourselves laughing at Ed and his 4 point duck! Yes duck that is not a typo. Of course we were still laughin in the moring about it. Ed was really hoping to meet Rodney but alas Suzie took him home too soon and Rob was put to bed before Rodney arrived. It was close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! Ed and Suz had a late departure and the rest of us hit the hay. We had 2 girls spending the night and both needed early morning rides and I mean early. Guess I would be the one making the trip at 630 cause dont think Len was going to be up. Great get together for sure even if small, cant wait til the next one.

Sunday was a lazy day, I had had very little sleep the past couple nights and Len well he has been doing 6 to 7 day weeks for a bit and was pretty worn out. There wasnt a major mess to clean up and so it was easy to be lazy.

Back to school Monday and thankfully the marks werent as bad as I was anticipating. The project I only lost one mark on and got 97% the exam well yep I was right scored zip on that one question but only lost one other mark so got 93%. Thankfully for aceing the 2 projects it helped my overall mark and ended with a 96. Seems to be an average for me bout a 95/96 for overall on my courses. Guess its time to stop fretting and just run with it, cause whatever Im doing its working! Next 2 week block is easy, no homework or projects and the course is either complete or incomplete. We also have to take our first aid on Weds and Thurs. So this will be an easy go of things. Mind you after the first aid is done, I can see Len dragging me to work in the mornings with him as he is swamped.

Oh well bring on the next week and lets see what trouble I can find!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another good time had by all! I'm going out hunting for more of those 4 point ducks, I just hope no deer get in my way! LOL