Thursday, September 24, 2026

LOST IN MEXICO RESUMES

 

Well, here we go again, the countdown is officially almost over and its time to pull up roots again.  This time for good.  Most of you knew about my vision to runaway to Mexico well its coming true with an added extra bonus.  But more on that later.

So, it has been a very insane, chaotic summer for me.  The idea has been in the back of my brain ever since I returned home in May but I would say it kicked into high gear in July.  I pretty much hid inside during May and June as I found it so damn cold here and I wasn’t acclimatized to the temperature.  Thankfully late June it started to warm up and I was able to putter around my yard somewhat.  Due to falling in my hallway and just about breaking my ankle, I wasn’t moving to fast or far so the weather was a bit of a blessing being locked inside.  While recovering from the fall, I also ended up with a vicious head and sinus cold that took me out for a couple weeks.  Then at the beginning of July, I ended up in hospital for emergency gallbladder removal surgery.  I swear Canada is trying to kill me!!

I made a quick trip back to Mexico for my birthday and that is when everything changed and the plan kicked into high gear.  To say I really haven’t had a day of rest since then would be an understatement.

I was working on a partnership deal at a bar/restaurant there but I started having second thoughts on the partner.  Between rumours coming back to me about him being a bit of a snake oil salesman and my own questions with his lack of transparency.  Then just before my surgery, he asked if I knew anyone that would want to invest and partner with me and buy him out.  Needless to say, my mind started spinning on who might be interested and how I could get him out totally.  But before I could do anything, I ended up in the hospital.  A week after I was discharged, I was on a plane heading down there to surprise everyone, including him.  So, when I arrived and found out that someone had called him to tell him they had seen me on my way into town, I knew he was not being forthright with information, so I decided at that moment, that I was going to buy him out and take the bar over on my own.  If someone wants to buy in and partner with me later, great, but I was not going to worry about it now. Hint Hint, the option is on the table if you are interested.  LOL.



So, I had papers drawn up and bought him out and sent him running for the Sierra Madres, well at least as far as Merida.  I worked on getting a team together to renovate the bar while I was back in the frozen north.  My team has been doing an amazing job at recreating my vision.  It is quite a large building with interior and exterior spaces.  There is a large palapa, that I had built on the terrace.  It has a stage for live entertainment outside, a games room for darts and pool, a huge kitchen area and then additional office, bedroom and storage space.

I tend to spend half my day on video and phone calls with my GM, (maybe future boyfriend) and ordering things that we need for the renos.  Then I have to get to work on things here for myself to organise, pack, create a manifest for customs, contact and hire a customs broker, buy a cargo trailer, load my bike and build shelves around it, have the Jeep in for maintenance, oh and still find time to breathe and sleep.  My head is spinning from all the things I need to complete.

So, as I pack things, I have to create a complete list of every item in the bin in both Spanish and English with garage sale prices attached.  If it is an electronic item, I need to list the serial number as well.  This process is driving me stir crazy and I already have 200 itemized lines of things and more to add.  But the process will make it much easier to get thru both borders.  Almost everything is packed up and I just need to reorganise the trailer with the bins around the bike and decide what is going in the back of the jeep.  Of course, the last of the kitchen stuff still needs to be packed but that will be on Wednesday.  So, a bit of organising and clearing out the last of the stuff stacked at the front of the Moho and then I can just sit and deal with the last things I need to do for the importation.

Lorie came up to help with the last of the loading before it was time to leave and we got everything loaded and ready to roll down to Parksville for the night.  Of course, in my chaotic state, I forgot a few steps on the motorhome and was getting frustrated that the slide wouldn’t go in.  I took a breath and realized I can’t have the engine running.  I turned it off and all was fine and we were on the move.  I finished the last of things at Lens and tried to have an early night, as we were leaving at 330AM to head for the boat.

So, starting right after this will be the daily blog posts while on route.  Keep your eyes out for my nightly posts.  We are planning on being in Laredo by Sunday.  Spend a day or 2 while the broker nationalizes things and then we will be on our way again with arrival by October 4th.

Hasta luego Canada,  I’m out.

No comments: