Saturday, May 15, 2010

For Bear

Okay, trying to write damn it, just for you!!!!!

Life gets in the way sometimes, and will try and pay more attention to my blog for those that want to read my ramblings. Now that I have my new puter, I can actually bookmark and find my blog again.

Well quick up to speed, been busy as hell, with school, organizing the show n shine and of course riding. Seems that it is now the season and have been out and about somewhere every weekend. Keeps me on the go, which is fine, cause I need to be busy but sometimes I think I just need to relax and take it easy. Think I will try and do that this weekend, nothing major just enjoy the sun, the bike and do a few minor errands in the process.

School is still going awesome! Still raking in the big marks, even though I have no clue how I do it some days. I barely study for the exams, just cram a few hours the morning of and then go for it. My projects have all been coming back 100%. Course prior to the one I just finished was on Mental Disorders and I used Vince as my subject and yep got 100. But then again we all know he is disturbed! This past course took me thru the wringer. Last Monday we started it and she gave the course outline and the projects and I threw on hell of a fuss about doing them. they were so dark and negative and it was just something I didnt agree with. But if I wanted to graduate, I had to suffer thru and find a way to do them. She let me adjust part of one a bit, cause I just didnt have anyway of writing anything on it. Well the first project got me another 100, thanks to the slight adjustment I was able to make. I wrote more about my dads passing and then the second half was my beliefs and she let me be somewhat imaginative and I wrote more about the urban myths that we as riders have surrounding our departed riding friends. She stated on it that it was beautifully written. But then I have been told that I do have a way with words. The second one that we will get back on Monday, we had to write our own eulogy. That was giving me a shit kickin, but thanks to comments from friends on FB, I was able to pull something together to write about. I still wasnt comfortable doing all this, and the whole course my spidie senses were tingling with bad vibes. I just had a feeling that something was going to happen. didnt know when or to who but in the end I was right. I turned the eulogy in a day early at 1 pm and wouldnt ya know 7 hours later we have a friend die on his bike. I hate having these feelings and I hope the hell I dont have anymore for a long while. Needless to say I didnt go to class the next day, as it was all about the last hours of death and dying. Not like I could sit and listen to that. I just took the day to myself and didnt do much of anything.
Oh well all I can say is Im glad its over and we can move on to something more positive hopefully.

On another note, I only have just over 2 months of classes left, and then Im on to my practicum, doesnt seem like it has been that long and Im there already. Look out world here I come!!!

Kay has her learners and she is getting there but it is still kinda scary. She would rather drive with Len then me, and ya know that is fine with me!!!! She hasnt been out in the car much as it is a standard and I havent found a parking lot that is large enuf that she can practice upshifting before I take her on the streets. The truck of course is bigger but besides wandering to the right and heading for the ditch, she is pretty good with it. But the wierd part, ya put her on a 2 lane road she goes right, take her on the highway with 4 lanes and she goes left! I dont get it at all.

Beyond that general stuff, life is just the same up here in the toolies. Seems as though the weather gods are smiling on us finally, which means I guess I have to get off my ass and go wash the bike. Presumably, Im not going to run into anymore rain storms on the way home.

Well there ya are Bear, quick run down to make ya happy, I will try and be more prompt about writing again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LMAO!! Good read, Jenn. :-) And congratulations on the marks, I knew you could do it!

Anonymous said...

Now that wasn't so hard was it? Thank you. It was a good read.